Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jay!






Yesterday was Jay's birthday. He didn't want to have it but it came anyway. We had a good time with the kids.  First, we went to Bonsai for dinner (always good food and entertainment) then we came home and had his favorite ice cream cake roll from Baskin Robbins. Then Jay opened his presents. He got two new sports coats and a pink tie (I'm not sure if he will really wear it).

Jay and I have been married almost 18 years, we met on a blind date and got married five months later. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He always supports everything I do and is a great example of someone who works hard. His personal ethics and morals are high and he can be trusted in all situations. He is incredibly smart and talented. He always puts his family first and supports us generously. If you don't know Jay very well you wouldn't know that he is very sensitive (especially for a trained killer):) He is the first and usually only one between the two of us with a tear in his eye over a touching moment. 

Jay, I love you a lot and I'm glad we found each other and have all of eternity to continue to be together. Happy birthday and many more to come.

11 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Oh, that's so sweet. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag to Jay from Germany!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Jay! What a great dad and husband (and I am sure a great grandpa!).

Keersten said...

What a fun post. Happy Birthday Jay! He is such a great guy--actually, he is in the top 5 coolest people that Mike and I know! (Yea, it is probably a little weird that we've got a list. =D )

Anonymous said...

Since I don't have the right cell number, I told Joni, Happy Birthday. But I really wanted to tell you Happy Birthday. I do need to up date. I love my baby brother, he is a cute dad, and grandpa and is a very tender hearted trained Killer. Happy Birthday, now we are the same age Bub,
Dixie

Nikki said...

What a sweet tribute!

Billie Jo said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Jay. Is there anyway that you could give Tim some pointers on how to throw the right combo to get a baby boy. If there were any chance in heck I could get my own little Ben I would do it in a heartbeat. (Not that I don't think all your boys are adorable, we have always said if we had a boy his name would be Benjamin since that is Tim's middle name and his Grandfather's name.)

Billie Sue said...

Haappy birthday, Jay! I actually was thinking about you on your day, even though I never made the call! Adding to Mary Ann's list--I LOVE talking to Jay on the phone (or in person) because he will actually LISTEN and add to the conversation! That is pleasant and a very good communication skill! Love ya!

Julie said...

How sweet! Jay is a great guy and you make a perfect couple.

Happy Birthday Jay!

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a great guy! Happy Birthday, Uncle Jay! I vividly remember when you guys decided to get married and brought me my favorite cousin Katie!

Brad Neff said...

He's also a top notch neighbor!!!

Heidi said...

I loved when he was in primary... He sure didn't take any crap (pardon me... there's just no other way to say it!) from Nick. He's a good dad.