Sunday, December 14, 2008

And now we are home..






We are home after a fun, exhausting, packed week of California. The kids and I left on Saturday and Jay followed on Sunday. We got off the plane at 8 am and were on the road by 9 am. I let them talk me into Knotts Berry Farm and away we went. It was Toys for Tots day so we got in for $60.00 worth of toys, a pretty good deal.
The boys got through the gate and Maggie and I didn't see them until 3. We went on the rides we like and they hit all the huge roller coasters. They have a new coaster called The Pony Express, where you actually sit on a horse, like a carousel horse to ride the ride. It was fun and really different. After getting soaked on the rapid ride we headed to our condo. Maggie and I went to the grocery store  and the boys began their week long pool tournament.
On Sunday without Jay there I was finally able to introduce the kids to the fine art of swap meet shopping. They had a blast. They begged to leave so they wouldn't spend all their money. We then hit the beach. The kids make it look like it was warm but it wasn't. 
I stood in the sand with my sweater wrapped tightly around me. Jay got in about 8 and we headed to the world famous Crab Cooker that everyone has been telling me about. It was great.
Monday hit fast and early and we were off for the marathon adventure of Disneyland.
On Tuesdays our friends, the Zengers, met us there and stayed until Thursday. We have never traveled with friends and we had a really great time. They could even put up with the boys. I think we could do it again.
All in all it was a great vacation but now its time to think Christmas. Every year I think to myself why do we do this so close to Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a brave girl, but you always have fun and build great memories. My kids have none. Cute pictures I can't wait to see the rest.
Love ya;
Dixie

Kristie said...

I think that it is awesome that you guys go to CA every year. I have never been to CA and would love to take the kids when they get a little older. I will have to get with you guys prior to get a good game plan. Merry Christmas!